by: S. Scott Stanikmas
With the recent Star Trek films, it’s been half “what are they going to mess with,” and half “who’s playing the villain / which bad guys are they using?” So far they’ve knocked it out of the park twice. Eric Bana was damn near Shakespearean as Nero, a Romulan miner whose seething hatred spanned the space-time continuum to search for his revenge on Spock. And Benedict Cumberbatch as Khan was brutal and visceral. So of course now fans are wondering who will be challenging the crew of the Enterprise when the third installment hits theaters.
Well the wait is almost over. Variety is reporting that Idris Elba is nearing final talks to play the main villain in the tertiary Star Trek film.
While nothing has been set in stone yet as to who or what the antagonists will be, did have the following tidbit in regards to the role itself:
Details of Elba’s role are keeping kept under wraps. Early rumors suggest that Klingons would be the main villains in this movie, as they have not had a full presence in previous installments, but sources would not confirm if that was the case.
Elba has had some awesome supporting roles on the big screen in recent years. With films like Prometheus, Pacific Rim and the last two Thor films under his belt, audiences have had a chance to see his commanding prescence in the multiplex. I think he’d make a great foil for Kirk and company.
Now it was rumored that Bryan Cranston was supposed to be up for the main villain role and that it would be the Borg that would go up against the Federation. When it comes down to it, I’m actually kind of torn as to who I’d rather see. Both Cranston and Elba would make cool bad guys for the Star Trek universe. This time around though, I’ve got to give the edge to Elba.
Star Trek 3 is on point to have a finished script by June (according to Simon Pegg in an interview with =”http://collider.com/star-trek-3-script-story-simon-pegg/” >Collider). Director Justin Lin will then start shooting to get the film in theaters by the projected date of July 8, 2016.
- Similiar Post :
- [Mediafire] – Is Idris Elba Looking to Foil Those who Boldly go Where no man has Gone Before?
- [Dropbox] – Is Idris Elba Looking to Foil Those who Boldly go Where no man has Gone Before?
- [Solidfiles] – Is Idris Elba Looking to Foil Those who Boldly go Where no man has Gone Before?
- [Zippyshare] – Is Idris Elba Looking to Foil Those who Boldly go Where no man has Gone Before?
- [Torrent] – Is Idris Elba Looking to Foil Those who Boldly go Where no man has Gone Before?
- [Mega] – Is Idris Elba Looking to Foil Those who Boldly go Where no man has Gone Before?